ad dynamo

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Woman Delivers Baby In A Keke Napep


A 28-year old herbal concoction hawker,
popularly known as Paraga seller, Basirat
Ogundeji, has been delivered of a baby girl
inside a tricycle popularly known as "Keke
Napep" at Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos State,
southwest Nigeria.
It was gathered that Basirat went into labour
when the bus she boarded at Ikeja on her way
back home developed fault and was being
repaired by the bus driver at a bus stop in
Oregun.
It was learnt that when she could no longer
bear the labour pains, Basirat quickly sought
the assistance of a woman who was selling by
the roadside.
Basirat, with the assistance of the woman,
took a tricycle to Oregun Flagship Primary
Health Centre but she gave birth while they
were on the way to the clinic.
It was also learnt the baby’s placenta was
later removed by the nurses on her arrival at
the clinic. The mother of two, while speaking
with our source on her hospital bed at Oregun
Public Health Centre, said she came to Lagos
after her boyfriend refused to take
responsibility for the pregnancy.
“ I already had a child for somebody before I
met the man that impregnated me at Aiyetoro,
Ogun State. He said he loved me but when I
told him I was pregnant, he gave me some
money to abort the pregnancy and I decided
to come to Lagos to make ends meet.
“I knew I was due for delivery that day but I
had not bought anything for the baby yet. In
fact I had no money on me that day and I
decided to go and meet a woman at Ikeja who
owes me.
“That morning I had to trek to Ojota, begged
fo transport fare to Ikeja but unfortunately, I
didn’t meet the woman and I was very
confused. I begged for money again but could
only raise N50.
“The bus I boarded from Ikeja enroute Ojota
developed fault midway. We were at the bus
stop when I felt a sharp pain in my tummy.
Then I knew it was time for me to give birth,”
she said.
She commended the management and staff of
Oregun Public Health Centre for their
hospitality and all the well meaning Nigerians
that came to give her items for her baby.
“I never expected to get the kind of positive
treatment they gave me here. They were all
homely. The nurses were nice people and
people have been coming in to donate gift
items to the baby,” she said.
She added that once she’s discharged from
the hospital, she would go back to her village
in Ogun State, southwest Nigeria.

1 comment:

Popular Posts