ad dynamo

Thursday 5 September 2013

Miss Nigeria pageant organisers battle Miss Nigeria 2011 over car


Miss Nigeria pageant organisers Daily Times
Nigeria and Miss Nigeria 2011 queen Feyi
Sodipo are currently not enjoying the best of
relationship. They have been at loggerheads
for sometime now over Daily Times' attempt to
take back the Hyundai Accent Feyi was given
after being crowned the winner of the 2011
Miss Nigeria pageant. The organizers are yet to
disclose why they want to take the car back
but Feyi believes it's because she got another
car from the Ogun state government for being
an ambassador for the state. A few weeks back
there were reports that three people were
arrested after they tried to forcefully retrieve
the car from Feyi and even kidnap her.
Feyi spoke with Encomium mag about the
incident and other troubles with Daily Times.
She said:
"They have been trying to take my car for
months now. They have been harassing me all
around to surrender the car. The first time
they tried it, they tried to for my car open.
The second time I had to drive into a police
station where the car was impounded and
later released to me. Later, the Lagos Police
Command invited me for a meeting. They
spoke to me and Mr Anosike (Daily Times MD)
and they requested I provided the car.
I told them it was in Ogun state and they
gave me three policemen to follow me to
Ogun state to retrieve the car, that's where
the kidnap story came from. I don't
understand why they keep requesting for a
car I won alongside the crown at the pageant.
Maybe because I was given another car by
Ogun state governor for being an
ambassador, but even at that it's still my car.
There was never an agreement that I should
return the car after my reign. The car is
presently with the police. I feel so harassed
and humiliated. I didn't enjoy my reign. Even
when I wanted to go abroad for my
scholarship, I couldn't do that because when
I asked for my scholarship which was part of
what I won at the pageant, they told me it
had expired. They didn't do anything for me
as a beauty queen. I was not even invited to
this year's pageant. I was the last queen and I
should have crowned the next one, but they
didn't even invite me."
A rep of the Miss Nigeria pageant, managing
editor of Daily Times, Mrs Isabella Osamor
said...
"I really don't know the genesis of the whole
thing. All I know is that Feyi has two cars and
we wanted to recover one and we have asked
the police to do that, so the matter is now
between her and the police not us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts